Cloaking SVN Folders in Dreamweaver...

Posted by Dan on Oct 27, 2006 @ 4:37 PM

I just started using Dreamweaver for a site I'm working on. I'm keeping a repository of the files in Subversion, but found that trying to get Dreamweaver to ignore the SVN files when synchronizing is a bit of a pain.

Since I was in a quick solution, I ended up just setting Dreamweaver to show hidden files and then manually went to each .svn to cloak. Later on in the day, I did some searching to see if I could find an easier solution (because doing it manually really sucks.)

I found a blog entry by Josh Buhler in which he talks discusses cloaking/uncloaking SCM directories in Dreamweaver. He found a Dreamweaver extension called Cloak/Uncloak SCM Directories in Dreamweaver which appears to do the trick.

I have installed the extension, but I haven't tried it yet. Some of the people on Josh's blog claimed they had issues with the extension not finding their SCM folders. Hopefully the extension works, or I could be trying to figure out how to fix it.

Categories: Potpourri, HTML/ColdFusion


Comments for this entry have been disabled.