As I mentioned in my last post, I just got a new PC and have been in the process of loading up all my old software. In doing so, I discovered Windows Live Writer 2009 has been released.
There's a whole slew of new features, but the one thing I noticed immediately was that there's much better support for BlogCFC. In the previous version, none of the preview stuff would work. In the new version both the preview and the "Edit using theme" feature both work. There's also plug-ins to auto-notify Twitter and many more related to photos and videos. The new upgrade looks really good so far.
Here's what's new:
- New border treatments (including Instant Photo)
- Crop and tilt photos
- Insert multiple photos
- Toolbar alignment commands enabled for images
- Insert and upload Windows Live photo albums
- Insert and publish video to YouTube
- Additional spell checking languages: Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, English (Australia), Estonian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish, and Ukrainian
- Server-side tagging (for supported blogs)
- Type-down filtering in the Open dialog
- Twitter, Digg and Flickr Plug-ins
- Improved blog account setup
- Lightbox and Windows Live Spaces inline preview support
- Improved category control: adding categories, type-down filtering
- Tabbed view switching
- AutoLink glossary
- Smart quotes/typographic characters
- Word count
- Support for bidirectional languages (like Hebrew and Arabic)
- Tabs for view switching
- Updated look and feel
Comments for this entry have been disabled.