Well, I played golf at Chapel Hill Golf Course on Sunday. It's a couse up near Mount Vernon, OH. It was my first time playing the course, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The golf carts were very nice—complete with digital scorecards & GPS. The GPS was definitely handy for a new course—since you always new the yardage to the pin. Using a cart on this course is almost a must, as the course is on very hilly terrain.
Anyway, I played the front nine pretty poorly, or more so I should say I played 3 holes on the front poorly. I played 3 holes on the front, +10 over par. However, this was mainly due to hitting some balls out of bounds and losing a ball or two to the course. Those penalty strokes add up quickly. I ended up +15 over on the front nine.
My game's been all over the place this year. A month or so ago I was playing extremely well. Most of my game was in sync and I was playing the best golf I've played in years. Then all of the sudden everything went down the tubes. In just nine holes, every aspect of my game went in the toliet. I went from doing everything well, to pretty much doing nothing well. I've been struggling to find my swing again for the past 3 weeks or so.
I came across this video this morning and it's pretty interesting. The chimpanzee appears to have enough motorskills to get the basics down. His/her reaction seems a little slow, but it does appear that the chimp has the basic fundementals down. I found this fascinating at least.
GoogieSpell is a cool little Gmail-like spell checker for use in your own web-based applications. They include several server-side scripts that you can use to connect to Google's Spell Checking Web Service. Unfortunately, ColdFusion isn't one scripts they provide.
However, Robert (over at RedBalloon Labs) has written an article on how to use the GoogieSpell API within your ColdFusion applications.
The dom.max_script_run_time is an integer that is the number of seconds to wait before prompting that a script is taking too long to respond. I found this information over at Itchy Hands.
To fix it, youll need to access the hidden configuration page in Firefox. Just type about:config in the address bar and youll get a page full of hidden configurations which you can tweak till your hearts delight.
In the 'Filter' box, type dom.max_script_run_time. This will narrow the options till only the dom.max_script_run_time option remains. Right-click it and choose Modify. A box pops up. Change the number to something bigger like 20. This is the maximum time a script can run before Firefox considers it 'unresponsive'.
If you cant find the string in the about:config page, create it by right-clicking anywhere and then choose New—> Integer and enter dom.max_script_run_time. When prompted for the value, use 20.
So far Ive not had anymore unresponsive script warnings, so I guessed that fixed that problem! However some extensions may also cause similar problems. Hope this helps.
At work, I had a client who was having problems with our website crashing Firefox. Suspecting a problem with an extension, the first step I had the person do was to disable all their plug-ins—thinking that would be enough to determine if an extension was causing the problem. While, I learned the hard way that just disabling an extension won't necessary make Firefox behave like the extension isn't installed.
After some basic troubleshooting, I discovered the browser would crash any time a window.close() method was called (self.close() caused the same behavior.) Once again, I really suspected this had to be an extension issue. This time I had the client start Firefox in "safe mode". Sure enough, everything began working as expected.
I knew the client was using an extension called "Tabbrowser Extensions 2.1.2006031301". My original gut instinct was it was this extension that was causing the crashing. However, like I stated, I assumed just disabling the extension would get rid of any side effects it might be introducing. This was wrong. I think the reason why disabling this extension didn't avoid the problem, was because the extension loads a preference file that overwrites normal Firefox configuration options and that simply disabling the extension doesn't prevent the preference file from being loaded. After uninstalling the extension, their browser started working correctly.