I recently upgraded a few of my installation of TortoiseSVN to the latest revision. Every since doing this, I've been unable to use Subclipse v1.0.3 (in Eclipse v3.1) to change repositories that have been touched with TortoiseSVN. This is because the newest version of TortoiseSVN using the v1.4 of the client libraries and Subclipse v1.0.3 is based on the old v1.3 client files.
Since one of my development boxes only has Eclipse w/Subclipse, it's been a pain to deal w/this compatibility issue. So, this morning I set out to find a solution to this issue.
Fortunately, I was able to find a post by Mark Phippard that addresses solving this issue (while for Subclipse v1.1.6 anyway.) I did run into an issue that apparently doesn't affect the newer version of Subclipse, but since I'm still using Eclipse v3.1 at the moment, I'm stuck using Subclipse v1.0.3.
Anyway, here are the steps I needed to take:
NOTE:Until I copied the libdb44.dll into the root Eclipse folder, I kept getting errors that Eclipse could not find the DLL. I guess you probably could get away with only copying it in the root folder, but it's working and I'm not going to fudge with it. :)
If all goes well, you should now be able to use Subclipse with SVN repositories that have been altered with any SVN v1.4 client (like the newer versions of TortoiseSVN.)
NOTE:For some reason Subclipse would not remove the old "dirty" markers on my files until I actually committed a file in that folder. I tried refreshing the folder and restarting Eclipse, but committing a changed file seemed to fix the false "dirty" markers.
Comments for this entry have been disabled.