I was having a horrible time trying to insert some CDATA into an element using the CFMX version of an XML "DOM." I use the word "DOM" very lighty w/CFMX, because it really is a hacked together solution that doesn't do much of anything well.
Anyway, I had tried everything under the sun to get my CDATA inserted and I was having absolutely no luck. If I tried to insert the text using xmlText, the CDATA tag would get escape—which is obviously not the behavior I wanted.
Fortunately, Nathan Dintenfass was quick to respond to my disperate cry on one of my mailing lists, with a link from Macromedia's LiveDocs:
Turns out Macromedia introduced a new XML "property" (or maybe "key" is a better word) called "xmlCDATA" which you can use to add CDATA to a node.
I hunted all over Macromedia's website and wasn't able to find this information, so big props to Nathan for pulling this link out of his hat for me!
Comments for this entry have been disabled.