Problems with CF8 Debug - Source not found

Posted by Dan on Dec 10, 2007 @ 2:23 PM

I'm having a weird problem with Desktop Development PC. When using the CF8 Debugger to debug a template, I continually get a window that opens up with the message "Source not found." Here's what the content of the window is:

cf8_debug_source_not_found

I've updated to the latest version of the ColdFusion 8 Extension for Eclipse from Adobe's site and that hasn't changed anything. I found one message from Michael Dawson on the CFEclipse Users mailing list where he was having the same issue. Michael said that updating to the latest extensions fixed his problem, but that has not worked for me.

I think this problem may have to do with the fact that my projects are stored on my Development Server which I access over Windows mappings. Things work fine on my laptop, but I use FileSync to synchronize files from my local drive to the Development server.

Setting breakpoints does work, but it doesn't drill down to the correct ticket view. I have a feeling this is a configuration issue, but it could be a bug.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Categories: HTML/ColdFusion

2 Comments

  • A few thoughts:
    The names you use when you invoke components are case sensitive. This seems to matter a lot. CFCPATH.file is not the same as cfcpath.file

    You may also need to add a directory link to the content location if it is not under your project root. We have a common repository of CFC under another site, and linking to a valid path for that under my current project makes those files debuggable.
  • @Justin:

    Oddly enough, it's now mostly working. After restarting Eclipse a few times and restarting the CF8 service, it's basically working.

    I'm still having a little quirkiness with it, but I think maybe it's related to ESET Smart Security (formally NOD32.)

    I'll post an update when I work it all out.

Add Comment

Leave this field empty