Well today was a pretty shitty day. For those of you who don't know, my employer has been planning to move office space locations. They still have the building I was in leased until February, but they decided to go ahead and move everyone today. The move has been in the planning stages for months, the actual move has been delayed several times over the past 8 weeks. Anyway, last Thursday evening we got a company wide e-mail letting us know we were going to move on the 24th.
I can't say I was enthusiastic with the idea of moving locations—especially since my last day is just several weeks away. It seems like a real waste of everyone's time. It also hasn't helped that they originally forget to assign me and my fellow soon-to-be-ex co-worker Joel office space (have they forgotten about us so quickly?!? :) ) but they also jammed us in to small little cubicles—well, I don't know that it fits the definition of cubicle; our desks only have two walls.
Anyway, after setting up my two work PCs—my desktop and my notebook—it pretty much takes up all my desktop space. They also didn't bother cleaning any of the desks. I opened my desk drawer only to find the words "Clean Me" written by some using their finger and dragging it through the dust. Since I'm only going to be there for a few weeks, I don't think I'm even go to bother cleaning up. I'm just going to throw what I have where ever. I'll probably get bored enough to actually clean it, but I sure don't feel like I should have to clean it. The building should have been cleaned up before we moved in.
I really hate the fact that I'm despising going in to work so much. I don't like feeling this way at all.
NOTE:Oh yeah, they also changed our phone numbers and extensions. They told us via e-mail that someone dialing our old number and extension would get to the right place, but I tried calling myself and it doesn't work that way. If you dial our number, you do get our company, but dialing any of the old extensions just gives you a generic "This extension doesn't exist." They should at least update the message to let people know that extensions have changed and how to go about requesting the new extension.